Hercules did not know what to do, his temper was too big! As a result, he visited the oracle of Delphi, when people did not know what to do, they would visit the oracle of Delphi. The oracle of Delphi told him to work for King Eurystheus for ten years.
Hercules had to do 12 labours during his ten years in King Eurysthus service, for Eurysthus was afraid of Hercules and wanted to kill him. These labours tested both Hercules strength, patience, and smartness. Here is a list of Hercules 12 labours:
1. Slay the Nemean lion
2. Slay the Nine-headed hydra
3. Capture the Golden Hind of Artemis
4. Capture the Erymanthian boar
5. Clean the Augean Stables in a single day
6. Slay the Stymphalian Birds
7. Capture the Cretan Bull
8. Steal the mares of diomends
9. Obtain the girdle of Hippolyta
10. Obtain the cattle of the monster Geryon
11. Steal the apples of the Hesperides
12. Capture and bring back Cerberus
These tasks got harder and harder, until at last King Eurysthus could not think of anything else to do to kill Hercules. Because of the tasks, Hercules lost his temper, for because of the tasks Hercules earned strength, patience, and smartness.
Once he overcame all the tasks, he transformed into an Olympiad, that is a god. Hercules was known most for his winged-horse, Pegasus.
Hercules therefore did not have such a temper as before. Hercules then embarked on a journey with Jason and the Argonauts on the Argo.